Monday 28 July 2014

Rockins Silken Finery


'Silken Finery is a collection of 1920s inspired bias cut scarves and classic handkerchiefs with a modern and quintessentially British edge. The brainchild of partners Tim Rockins and Jess Morris, Silken Finery, although still a very modest project in its nascent stages is already a favorite with the London it crowd.'



Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here today in the face of this company – to join together this woman and this scarf in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why 
they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.

 Everyone one holding their peace? Good, then I'll begin. 
This beauty of a scarf was a present from a darling friend of mine and I am absolutely in love. 
It's tall dark and handsome, everything you could want in a ma.. scarf.
Don't get me started on the design, it is just perfect. With everything a girl could wish for scattered all over its beautiful surface, from eyes to nails - the kind you bang into things - it's classic, rocky, yet feminine. It really is a dreamboat and as you can tell, I'm a little infatuated with it.




                                           

At first the length scared me a little but once I got the hang of it, it was better than I could hope for. The moral of the story being, if you relax and go with it, no matter the size, you'll be pleasantly surprised. 
(The bad rhyming is a side effect of it's fabulousness, be warned.)
So, I got to thinking that with such a lengthy little number, the versatility was endless. 
Here meaning I fashioned it into a fabulous top by wrapping it around myself, starting with either end, either side of me and wrapping as if my life depended on it! Think santa's helpers on heat, fastening it in a tight knot, and I mean tight. We're talking about 100% silk here ladies and gentlemen, if you don't tie the sucker up tight enough there is every chance it will slip and reveal your goods.




I paired it with a vintage pair of homemade Levi's, meaning I lopped the legs off with a pair of scissors and hoped for the best. 


And a vintage belt that has the sweetest little things on it, houses, golfers, umbrella's, the usual.



These Topshop holographic sandals make life so much better, and they are casual and smart enough at the same time that you can wear the little devils just about anywhere.


Although they are wonderful for the day, I like to mix it up a little for the evening and add these little beauties... Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the other love of my life, Mr Jeffrey Campbell.


I can't actually express quite how I feel about these shoes via the power of text. If I were explaining them to you in person I would be using the power of interpretive dance to show you just how much I love them. 

Here the 'top' is in all it's glory - excusing me and my terrible love of posing!














Alternatively I have worn this little beauty as a head scarf..


Top it off with a slick of red lipstick and you're good to go.
The possibilities are endless! 
Stay tuned for more folks.. 
x
Pssstt,  I highly recommend you go and check out their gorgeous website and other designs here *points down*












No comments:

Post a Comment