Wednesday 9 July 2014

Get Ready With Me, Me.


Hello flower pots!
I thought I'd go through what I personally do to get myself ready for a big event or and evening out..
First and foremost, if you are a lady - or a gentleman - who dye's their hair, I recommend dying it a few days before your event. That way if you mess it up you have a couple of days to fix it! 
Secondly, I went to India a few years ago and had my teeth whitened. They sent me home with gum shield type things that are exact moulds of my teeth and Colgate whitening jollop. So! I like to pop these on and whiten my pearly babies for extra Tza Tza Tzu!
Next off, if you are a fan of the tanned, golden god/goddess look I would recommend having a cheeky sunbed in advance, lets say a week. That or pop a little St. Tropez on! I can't stress quite how important I think it is to do the whole tanning business a good week before what ever you have planned because lets face it, no one wants to look like a lobster/Umpa Lumpa! At least you've got 7 days under your belt to de-red and scrub yourself within an inch of your life if it all goes horribly wrong!
Pluck your eyebrows around about three days before, they can be petulant little blighters and need a few days taming!
I usually like to know what I'm wearing in advance, so pick your outfit options out a good week before. 
Mess about with which hair looks best with which outfit and generally have fun playing dress up!
My number one tip is drink water. And I mean really drink it, drink it as if your life depends on it. 
No one wants dodgy, pimply skin. This is a rule of mine that is so far fail proof! Drink like you mean it for 7 days straight and be amazed by the results.
On the skin note, I am a huge fan of tea tree oil. If my skin is acting up, which thankfully it doesn't tend to very often, I bung a load of undiluted oil on my face at night and wake up pleasantly surprised! I've been using it as my go to problem skin solver for yonks! That and a dab of toothpaste applied to any nastiness and Alakazam! skin is fresh as a daisy!
I personally also suggest eating well leading up to anything you need to look good for, lots of fresh greenery and fruit - you will thank me later gals!
Exercise. My weapon of choice is yoga. It lengthens you out and balances your mind. What more could you want? I suggest getting your mat out for at least 20 minutes every day.
Get a good nights sleep the evening before, go to bed with a cup of camomile tea and read a book. Or you could do what I do and race around like a lunatic adding finishing touches to your outfit, coffee in hand.. Either or!
Oooh and don't forget to pop plasters, headache tablets, hairspray and perfume in your bag!
And as it's the 21st century, I also suggest, instead of taking your phone charger with you, that you pop into your local phone shop and buy a portable charger (which I did for my bad tempered little beast of an iPhone) I can't recommend them highly enough! Simply charge that bad boy up the night before and voila, you have unlimited (within reason) phone life!
That's all folks!
Much love x


No comments:

Post a Comment