Friday 4 July 2014

Playing Dress Up.

I have a charity lunch I'm lucky enough to go to every year called Nordoff Robbins. It's a charity that believes music can speak to and even heal the poorliest of people, but mainly children. It holds that the unique qualities of music as therapy can enhance communication, support change, and enable people to live more resourcefully and creatively. Sounds pretty good to me! It's something I am more than happy to be a part of and help raise money for, being musical myself I am even more for this wonderful charity. The dreaded question on the tip of me tongue every year, is what on earth am I going to wear? Being a little forward thinking I bought a matching shorts and crop top combo outfit from Depop (my current obsession.) if you haven't heard of it, it's like a combination of Instagram and eBay. The sweet little combo is originally from Miss Selfiedges and I couldn't resist it's colourful charm! Coming to a grand total of £14 (including postage) I am thrilled with it's loveliness! The shorts are  high waisted enough to meet the crop top leaving just enough midriff (just below the rib cage) on show not to appear cheap or slutty. No one wants or needs to see your navel! I popped some beautifil Barry M nail polish on, a few pretty rings and wham, I'm almost ready to go! I'll do a feature post of the loveliness that is Barry M nail varnish soon as I stocked up on a few.. 
The belt is vintage and optional but in my eyes, necessary and eye catching. I am all for throwing lots of colours and textures together, it's not for everyone tho! The sequined jacket is my lovely Mumma's and comes from River Island.  Will do a more indepth post when I have a little more time on my paws, I am wearing my beloved Jeffrey Campbell's, although they didn't quite make it into the picture! 

That's about it from me sweet ones. Thank you for tuning in! 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment